Avalanche blockchain is one of the latest leading platforms that allows users to build highly secure and reliable DeFi apps and projects. And as the demand for this network continuously rises, the number of people wishing to use its services also increases rapidly. That’s why the discussions about the platform’s features, benefits, and security regulations, including Avalanche audit and smart contract testing, are on the trending list of crypto community topics. Especially, about top smart contract audit firms.
In this article, you can learn the basic steps to connect your Metamask to the Avalanche network.
So, let’s begin!
How To Connect Avalanche Network To Metamask?
Metamask is a widely used crypto wallet that can be downloaded on Firefox and Chrome as a mobile app on Android and IOS devices or as a browser extension. With the help of this cryptocurrency wallet, users can securely transact and store digital tokens through a simple interface.
Furthermore, Metamask allows crypto lovers to interact with DeFi platforms and infrastructures on Ethereum or any other popular blockchain like Avalanche, Polygon, and Binance.
Below we will review key steps for easily connecting Avalanche to the Metamask wallet.
It’s also important to note that if you’re already using the Avalanche network, the C-Chain wallet is the only compatible type with Metamask. Therefore, you need to store your AVAX tokens C-Chain wallet or utilize an exchange wallet integrating Cross Chain technology like Binance to be able to make transfers.
#1 Setting Up Metamask
The first essential step is to prepare all required components and resources in one place to begin the connecting process. And the most critical thing you need to do is, of course, to set up the Metamask wallet.
If you already have one, skip this step and directly go to the subsequent phases. If you don’t have a Metamask wallet, follow the steps below to make it done:
- Install the Metamask Chrome extension to your browser through the wallet’s official website.
- Once installed, you can see the Metamask extension icon in the form of Fox and a button “Get Started” you need to click.
- Here you will see two options: Make or Import a Wallet. Pick the one according to your needs.
- Make a secure and complex password.
- Back up the wallet’s seed phrase to restore it if you forget the password.
- Ensure you have backed up the phrase correctly by selecting the words appearing on the opened window.
- For easy access, you can pin your Metamask to the Chrome browser.
#2 Creating Avalanche Wallet
- From the official website install the Avalanche Wallet.
- Tap on “Create an Account.”
- Generate the key phrase.
- Save your key phrase in a secure place, and click “Continue.”
- Export your private key for recovering the wallet through the provided key store file.
- Copy the X- Chain.
- Once completed, you need to store some AVAX tokens. One of the options is to buy it from a Binance exchange.
- Open your wallet in the Binance account, choose the AVAX coin and withdraw it.
- After completing the transaction, you can see the transferred tokens in your Avalanche wallet account.
#3 Add Avalanche to Metamask
- Navigate to your Metamask wallet to add the Avalanche network to it.
- Click ” Add a new network.”
- Next, you will be required to add the Avalanche network name, Source Chain ID, new RPC URL, symbol, and AVAX explorer.
- Once done, you can already receive or send AVAX.
#4 Send AVAX Tokens to Metamask
- Login to your Metamask wallet.
- Open a new wallet or login into the existing one.
- Add a new network.
- Here enter the required details: network name, currency symbol, new RPC URL, Destination Chain ID, and save changes.
- Go to your Avalanche network, then check the available AVAX balance.
- If your tokens are in C-Contract Chain, transfer them to the C- Chain.
- Pick “Send” from the Avalanche menu bar.
- Select the AVAX amount you wish to send to Metamask.
- Navigate to your Metamask and copy the wallet address.
- Go to Avalanche network, tap the ” To Address” section, and enter the Metamask wallet address.
- Confirm the transaction for sending AVAX.
Avalanche tokens can be purchased on various crypto exchanges, like Coinbase, Crypto.com, eToro, Binance, and more.
If you want to buy AVAX, choose the exchange platform, open an account, and purchase your preferred token.
Yes, you can, and here is how.
– Create or open Avalanche Wallet.
– Add network details ( AVAX explorer, Chain Info, URLs).
– Set up the Metamask.
– Send AVAX Tokens to your Metamask wallet.
– Begin using the Avalanche Wallet.
You can purchase AVAX straightly on Binance with a debit or credit card. Go to the website, choose markets, and pick AVAX you want to buy.